Plankk is an exciting, aggressive, and growing tech company with their HQ right here in Calgary. You may not know them, but you probably know some of their partners. Plankk partners with popular social media influencers and their brands to create fully custom fitness apps for their audiences. Without bragging, their following is big AF. In fact, the total audience of Plankk’s partners is over 120,000,000 people. Again, we don’t mean to get all braggadocious with you, but this makes Plankk the largest fitness influencer company in the world.
Today, Plankk has more than 40 live apps and over 20 in development and they have also recently launched a new product, Plankk Studio, that has received some pretty exciting buzz in the media with features in Forbes , TechCrunch , and CNET. Plankk Studio is a new single platform where users can view not only on-demand classes but also live-streamed classes from their favourite Influencers. If you think of Netflix for Health and Wellness, they’re it.
Since Plankk is growing at a rapid rate, they are looking for a Fearless Technical Leader who will lead their intrepid technical team onwards and upwards as they head towards our Series A later this year.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit, lead and manage the growing in-house technical team.
- Lead the group of external contractors while we continue to fully transition the team in-house.
- Implement optimization techniques and create a roadmap for improvements to the data architecture and existing infrastructure.
- Sprint planning and resource allocation, working alongside the CPO and product team.
- Work alongside mobile developers to manage releases of iOS and Android applications, and backend engineers to manage the development of CMS, database and backend architecture.
What You Bring:
- Full stack development experience. If you have mobile dev experience then that is a definite plus.
- Experience designing and maintaining APIs as well as writing unit tests and testable code bases.
- Ability to understand large code bases and architecture.
- Technical team leadership and proficiency in Agile Development.
- A passion for tech and the start-up world, it’s a rocky ride and takes a certain kind of person like you to nail it.
- Acute commercial awareness and an interest in the latest tech trends with the vision to keep Plankk’s products at the cutting edge.
You can also submit your application online.
|Job Category||Information Technology|